Wednesday, June 09, 2010

A Revised Take on the Blue (Away) USA Jersey


It could be interpreted that I was cracking on the current USA team jersey-- the blue one with the white "sash" diagonal stripe-- in a recent post.


Well, what with various folks talking that particular shirt design up, I completely changed my mind and decided to embrace my inner diplomat/beauty pageant winner/Latin American club player (ie-- person who would wear a "sash").


So today I bought one of the blue jerseys. I'll wear it to the USA-England match on Saturday at the Old Post Office Plaza outdoor venue in St Louis.


I still sort of prefer the white "home" jersey, but it looks close enough to my 1998 USA jersey that it seems pointless to spend that kind of money on it.


The blue one, on the other hand... well, it doesn't really look much like anything else I own. So there is at least that...!

No comments: